Do you want a science app?
The Cat in the Hat gives you that with a tap!
Kids play and learn in their backyard,
to see how science is fun, not hard!
Based on the PBS KIDS series, “The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That,” this app introduces pre-k kids to science inquiry and engineering (STEM) concepts through games tailored to their learning progress.
Kids can build bridges, explore friction through slides and sort fun objects and more in fantastical lands along with the Cat in the Hat, Nick and Sally.
As kids play, they earn rewards to decorate their treehouse and backyard, and unlock games that let them tinker and explore in their own way.
Includes simple and fun hands-on activities that parents and kids can do together, extending the STEM fun to home and everyday materials.
SCIENCE GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
– 5 entertaining games focusing on key science concepts
– Learn measurements and how sturdy materials are in Bridge-a-rama
– Develop organizational and identification skills with Sorta-ma-gogo
– Learn about physics, momentum, and surface tension in Slidea-ma-zoo with Thing 1 & Thing 2
– Discover sounds and pitch by creating musical instruments in Sounda-pa-looza
– Build your very own color mixing invention to help paint a masterpiece in Builda-ma-loo
– Parental notes and suggestions to help foster the learning experience
– Thought experiments for the growing mind
– Hands-on activities for each game
– Drawing prompts to inspire creativity, planning and reflection
FUN AND EXPLORATION
– Customize a treehouse and backyard that grows the more you play
– 4 “Cat in in the Hat”-inspired tools to help make science discoveries
– Grow a garden by being curious and perseverance through game play
– STEM games available in both English and Spanish
– Closed captioning support included
About the Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!
Voiced by award-winning actor Martin Short, Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat guides friends Sally and Nick – with a little help from the Fish, Thing 1 and Thing 2 – on fun-filled adventures where they explore science and engineering concepts.
Filled with both adventure and silliness, THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT!, based on the acclaimed The Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library book series, appeals to preschoolers’ natural curiosity, engaging them in the process of scientific exploration and discovery.
For more fun with The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That, visit pbskids.org/catinthehat.
ABOUT PBS KIDS
The Cat in the Hat Builds That app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
ABOUT READY TO LEARN
The Cat in the Hat Builds That app was created as part of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) and PBS Ready To Learn Initiative with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The contents of the app were developed under a cooperative agreement #U295A150003, from the U.S. Department of Education. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
Join the winter fun and play with Thing 1 and Thing 2
Make a snowman with The Cat, Nick and Sally too!
Game id: org.pbskids.catinthehatbuildsthat
Copyright© 2017 AndroidModded.com